PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara (PTNNT) operates the Batu Hijau copper/gold mine in West Sumbawa, West Nusa Tenggara Province (NTB). PTNNT is committed to becoming a leader in safety, environmental stewardship and social responsibility. The Company is inviting skilled, trained, highly committed and dedicated Indonesian professionals to be pert of our team in Sumbawa for the position:
ENV0025 - GENERAL SUPERVISOR ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING
To ensure that the personnel of the Environmental Monitoring section of the Batu Hijau Environmental Affairs Department collects, evaluates, and reports multiple environmental media monitoring data in accordance with the commitments specified in the Project environmental monitoring plan and all applicable Government of Indonesia Regulatory obligations.
• Minimum of a 4-yeer college degree in environmental and/or science related field (preferably post graduate degree).
• Eight (8) years experience conducting environmental sampling/ monitoring in a mining (similar) industry or equivalent experience obtained in the pursuit of post-graduate college degree.
• Strong understanding in government regulations and international guidelines related to environmental monitoring.
• Experienced in conducting multiple media environmental sampling and monitoring.
• Strong skill in data analysis, statistical analysis, and results interpretation.
• Management and supervisory experience with emphasis on training, staff development, and budgetary management.
• Strong computer skills to utilize PTNNT standard Microsoft Office software package as well as specific software related to environmental monitoring, data base and data analysis software.
• Strong oral and technical writing communications skills in both English and Indonesian.
• Strong organizational skills, strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills.
All applications will be treated confidentially and must be sent no later than 7 days after the publication of this advertisement. Please specify position name and code you are applying for on the top right corner of your application letter. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Send your application letter before 25 October 2009 to:
HR Recruitment - PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara
Jl. Sriwijaya No. 258, Mataram 83126, NTB, Indonesia PO. BOX 1022
Fax: 0370-636318 Ext. 48042,