His tasks are to present British policies to the Indonesian Government and to Indonesian, to report and explain Indonesian policies and views to his own Government in London, and to promote British interests. He is also responsible for press and cultural relations and for visa and consular services.
The Embassy in the Indonesia work to develop and sustain the important and long-standing relationship between the UK and Indonesia. This involves dealing with a wide range of political, commercial, security and economic questions of interest to the UK and Indonesia.
The Consuls are responsible for the consular protection of British nationals who are temporary residents in, or visitors to, their consular district.
British Embassy are looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our busy and dynamic Corporate Services team at a time of rapid change. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Corporate Services and will be responsible for ensuring delivery of effective management of human resources to the whole Embassy.
Human Resources Manager (IB2)
Main purpose of job
Foster best practice in all aspects of human resources (HR) work. Provide advice to managers and jobholders on Terms and Conditions of Service, HR policy and straightforward questions of employment law. Support implementation of the organisation's major change agenda. Implement the Embassy Learning and Development plan. Provide support to the Ambassador and his/her Deputy in managing change and promoting good staff morale.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee terms and conditions of service for Indonesia based staff and ensure compliance with local labour law
- Drive improvements to the HR policies and processes for the Embassy by continuously reviewing business processes to deliver a more effective, efficient and professional operation
- Support the Embassy's Indonesia and regional change agenda: contributing to modernization of working practices; supporting staff during major periods of change, and liaising with regional colleagues
- Provide expertise on recruitment, compensation, performance management and redundancy issues.
- Provide guidance on sensitive staff matters to both diplomatic and Indonesian based staff, including management issues and dispute resolution.
- Liaise with Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) HR Managers, HR practitioners in other diplomatic missions and companies, local lawyers and labour organisations
- Drive implementation of Embassy Learning and Development plan, including being a proactive member of Embassy Training Committee
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work with colleagues and contacts at all levels
- Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player
- Strong organisational, analytical and time management skills, with good attention to detail
- Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight deadlines using your initiative
- Exemplary personal integrity demonstrated by an ability to maintain confidentiality and operate with discretion at all times
To succeed in this position you should have at least 3 years previous experience of HR resources work in a multicultural organisation. You should hold a relevant professional qualification. You should be fluent in both oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia. You should have strong IT skills, demonstrating proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Most importantly, you will need to be a self-starter and a strong communicator at all levels.
The starting salary will be in the region of Rp. 9,500,000 per calendar month (excluding Lebaran or Christmas bonus), depending on qualifications and experience. The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and operates a no-smoking policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We hope that the successful candidate will start work in April 2011
Send a one page letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the position, along with an English language resumé and salary history to:
Jalan M. H. Thamrin 75
Jakarta Pusat 10310