Lowongan PNPM World Bank Operations Analyst (Safeguards) : Operations Analyst (Safeguards) in PNPM Support Facility (PSF) Sub-Unit
Local hire position shall be offered for an initial period of 1.5 years coterminous appointment with the possibility of extension subject to individual performance and the availability of fund/resources. Application should be submitted on-line by clicking apply button on this website. Hard copy application sent through post and e-mail will not be considered.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 1.5 year renewable Coterminous appointment.
The World Bank works closely with the Government of Indonesia to improve services in a variety of sectors with specific focus for poor and vulnerable communities (transport, water supply and sanitation, irrigation and water resources management, and energy) as well as in agriculture. For small projects the approach for community driven which normally are proposed by community members the pipeline and portfolio of infrastructure investment loans increases, so, too, does the need for specialized technical support to ensure that these operations fully comply with the World Bank’s 9 safeguards policies, including:
Two social safeguards policies:
* Involuntary Resettlement (OP/BP 4.12)
* Indigenous Peoples (OP/BP 4.10)
Five environmental safeguards policies:
* Environmental Assessment (OP/BP 4.01)
* Natural Habitats (OP/BP 4.04)
* Pest Management (OP 4.09)
* Forests (OP/BP 4.36)
* Safety of Dams (OP/BP 4.37)
And two legal safeguards policies:
* Projects in Disputed Areas (OP 7.60)
* Projects on International Waterways (OP 7.50)
Additional information on the Bank’s safeguards policies may be found on the Bank’s website at www.worldbank.org.
In this context, PNPM – EASIS seeks to hire an outstanding local Social and Environmental Safeguards Specialist to be part of a number of integrated, interdisciplinary teams preparing and supervising operations with World Bank financing.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 1.5 year renewable term appointment.
* During project preparation, identify which of the Bank’s safeguards policies will be triggered and which instruments are best suited to comply with these policies. Subsequently, assist the borrower/project implementing agency in preparing these instruments, review them for quality and present them to sector management and/or the East Asia Regional Safeguards Secretariat for approval. The social – environmental safeguards specialist will also be expected to contribute well-written summaries of key safeguards instruments for inclusion in project documentation;
* During project implementation, supervise compliance with the Bank’s safeguards policy by building effective working relationships with the borrower/project implementing agency to ensure proper understanding of the policies. The social – environmental safeguards specialist will be expected to help the borrower/implementing agency apply the safeguards policies effectively.
* During both preparation and implementation, the social – environmental safeguards specialist will go beyond narrow policy compliance to look for opportunities to improve the environmental outcomes of the project he/she is supporting and indeed the whole portfolio of Bank engagements.
* Provision of inputs to various social and environmental strategy documents, especially those related to CDD approach,
* Provision of training and mentioning to junior environmental specialists in order to strengthen the capacity of the Jakarta-office safeguards team.
The selected candidate should have the following qualifications:
* Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant discipline, e.g. Sociology, Anthropology, environmental economics, biology, etc.
* Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the social and environmental sector, preferably assessing social and environmental impacts around small infrastructure or agriculture projects;
* Excellent knowledge of social and environmental legislation and institutions in Indonesia;
* Prior familiarity with World Bank safeguards policies and their interpretation will be a distinct advantage;
* Familiarity with social safeguards issues (particularly field experience with indigenous peoples and involuntary resettlement) will also be an advantage.
The ideal candidate will also have the following skills:
* Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams based in multiple locations on diverse and complex tasks;
* Strong client orientation with the ability to build an understanding with implementing agency counterparts on the value-added of Bank safeguards;
* A drive for results while working with limited supervision and under tight timelines;
* A penchant for solving problems rather than merely identifying them;
* An ability to think innovatively and negotiate effectively;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia (an English writing sample is requested upon application);
* Willingness to travel within Indonesia as well as internationally as necessary.
Apply Online Now in link Below :
Closing Date 20-Apr-2011