Lowongan Geographic Information System Specialist SCBFWM Project : Strengthening Community-Based Forest and Watershed Management (SCBFWM) Project in Indonesia Ministry of Forestry.
Terms of Reference
Title: Geographic Information System Specialist (GIS, national consultant)
1. National Project Director (NPD) of SCBFWM
2. Head, Environment Unit, UNDP CO
Duty Station: Ministry of Forestry Jakarta
Duration: 6 (six) months, Full Time
Location: Jakarta Office – SCBFWM Secretariat
The Ministry of Forestry (Directorate General of Land Rehabilitation and Social Forestry) is in the process of implementing Strengthening Community – Based Forest and Watershed Management (SCBFWM) for the period of 4-5 years to come (2009 – 2014). The project is implemented under the framework of the Ministry of Forestry’s programs activities. It is also supported by Global Environment Facility (GEF) through UNDP in Indonesia.
The project is meant to enhance and upscale the GOI’s programs on community — based forest and watershed management by addressing inequitable distribution of benefits from forest resources and lack of coordination among stockholders and sectors as major underlying causes of land forest degradation.
The project is specifically designed to complement (a) the 5 —year national pledge of approximately USD 300 million to rehabilitate degraded forest and land distributed to 282 prioritized watersheds located in 400 districts (32 provinces) and (b) the GOI’s annually approved pledge — from the Reforestation Fund — for district reforestation. Main activities of the project are the development of CBFWM plot demonstration in 6 selected locations; mainstreaming of CBFWM in policy, program, activities and funding of government and local governments and the enhancement of stakeholders’ capacity at various levels (national, provincial, districts and community) in the program of CBFWM.
Objectives of Assignment
1. Under the guidance of National Project Director and Project Manager of SCBFWM project, the Geographic Information System Specialist will support the implementation of the project related to geo-spatial clata of community based forest and watershed management both in national and regional level.
2. The Geographic Information System Specialist work in close collaboration with the implementing partner, National Project Director, National Project Manager, Ministry of Forestry staffs and related stakeholders to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery to project.
Scope of Work and Deliverables
Scope of Work
1. Support effective Geographic Information System for strategic management of SCBFWM project.
2. Support in providing guidance and recommendations for UNDP / Implementing Partner’s approval of project plans and revisions that are relevant to Geographic Information System and geo-spatial related aspects.
3. Support in arranging Technical Guidelines, guidance of project implementation and or project management and develop TOR of project activities.
4. At the regional level the Geographic Information System Specialist works with other SCBFWM team including development work plan, schedule and financing.
5. Review grant proposals of SCBFWM project those relate to development of information system activities are proposed by CBOs, NGOs or other implanting partner institutions.
6. Develop partnership with wide range of stakeholders, including government, private sectors, NGOs and community and develop linked program on Geographic Information System and geo-spatial related aspects with national and regional government.
7. At the national level the specialist will work closely with the Ministry Forestry and other related national government institutions in supporting SCBFWM program.
8. Assist NPM in project management, coordination and ensure the successful of project implementation, and the Government of Indonesia and donor(s) are able to gain best practices from the implementation of the project.
Send your application letter with comprehensive resume/CV and current photograph with position code on the envelope to:
Direktorat Perencanaan dan Evaluasi Pengelolaan DAS
Gedung Manggala Wanabakti Blok I lantai 13
Jl. Jenderal Gatot Subroto
Closing date: 29 April 2011
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Lowongan Kerja Accounting