Lowongan Kerja Asean Secretariat 2011 : THE ASEAN SECRETARIAT INVITES INDONESIAN CITIZENS OR ASEAN NATIONALS WITH PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS IN INDONESIA TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING VACANCY TECHNICAL OFFICER – MEDIA, PUBLIC OUTREACH AND CIVIL SOCIETY DIVISION.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Secretariat is the nerve centre of ASEAN, a regional inter‐governmental organisation founded in 1967, to promote peace and stability, sustained economic growth, shared prosperity and social progress. It comprises the ten countries of Southeast Asia.
The entry into force of the ASEAN Charter on 15 December 2008 had provided new impet us to ASEAN’s integration efforts by establishing a legal and institutional framework required to achieve the ASEAN Community by 2015. This includes the newly approved organisational structure of the ASEAN Secretariat that is aligned to the requirements of the Charter and the three Blueprints of the ASEAN Political‐Security Community (APSC), the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), and the ASEAN Socio‐Cultural Community (ASCC). The ASEAN Secretariat is therefore well positioned to provide the necessary functions required to effectively support the community building process under the Charter and the Blueprints.
The Public Outreach and Civil Society Division (POCS) of the ASEAN Secretariat is responsible for the implementation of the ASEAN Secretariat’s media and communications strategies to communicate effectively the purposes and principles of ASEAN as well as the mission, vision and core principles of the ASEAN Secretariat to target audiences.
A Technical Officer (TO) for Media is a highly‐skilled, specialist staff who provides technical, research‐based and administrative support for external communications of the Secretariat, particularly but not limited to, written materials, to stakeholders such as the members of the media, the civil society, the academia, and the general public.
Technical Officer Media
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Draft and edit timely public information materials such as news releases, bulletins, media statements, forewords and speeches of the Secretary‐General of ASEAN, factsheets, overviews and media advisories;
2. Ensure optimum dissemination and handling of media advisories and turnout of journalists at media briefings and conferences as well as other events;
3. Provide editorial and creative inputs to enhance textual and visual contents of the official ASEAN website, social media platforms and other online media;
4. Perform daily news monitoring and report on findings and analysis;
5. Source for national, regional and international media opportunities to promote ASEAN, its work, its relationship with its ASEAN Dialogue Partner, as well as members of other groupings and follow‐up on those opportunities until materialisation;
6. Provide editorial and creative inputs to ASEAN Secretariat publications, such as the Annual Report and ad‐hoc publications;
7. Interact with the members of the media and requests for information and interviews;
8. Cooperate closely with ASEAN Member States in capitals and their Permanent Missions to ASEAN in Jakarta, ASEAN’s Dialogue Partners, members of other groupings, diplomatic communities, and other external parties to coordinate programmes/projects in relation to the media.
9. Provide inputs to enhance the ability of the media and other relevant tools to act as an effective channel for communication and dissemination of information to the public about ASEAN activities; and
10. Function as the deputy webmaster and deputy photographer.
* Bachelor’s degree or preferably postgraduate degree in Journalism, Linguistics, Literature, Mass Communication, or other similar disciplines;
* Minimum 3‐5 years experience in journalism and editorial work, or in a media and communications office, with proven track record in designing and carrying out public communication activities;
* Proven excellence in written and spoken English language, notwithstanding the use of local language may be required when interacting with the local members of the media, partners and stakeholders;
* Knowledge of website management, social media platforms and photography; as well as that of the use of modern audio‐, video‐ and photo‐editing technologies;
* Sound understanding of international and regional issues and knowledge of ASEAN ideals; and a keen interest and initiative to learn them;
* Exposure of a wide spectrum of corporate affairs, community relations and public communications in past work experiences, and ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with various stakeholders;
* Familiarity with diplomatic practices and protocol, and experience in dealing with senior government and international organisation officials;
* Sensitivity to accuracy and details, as well as capacity for proof‐reading;
* Ability and technical skills to research and acquire data; and
* Ability to work under pressing deadlines.
Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools; ability to multi‐task, work long and irregular hours, and perform tasks outside the usual job scope; ability to function effectively, independently and as part of a team; and a willingness to travel frequently on short notice.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Successful candidate will be offered the post with a probation period of six months and monthly salary commensurate with his/her personal qualifications starting from IDR 5,000,000. There are other applicable benefits which include monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement, hospitalisation insurance, and an annual bonus of a month’s basic salary. Upon completion of the probationary period, the candidate will be confirmed on an initial up to three‐year contract, inclusive of the six‐month probationary period.
How to apply:
Send your application and writing samples to hr‐firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should highlight your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport‐sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at the below of this announcement.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Technical Officer Media. Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 15 May 2011. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only short‐listed candidates will be notified.
More Detail Information please download the document below
Download Document, the full information Asean Vacancies
Application ASEAN Download Revised Employment Application Form
Lowongan Kerja S1 Accounting